Saturday, May 5, 2007

Senseless!!!!!!!!!!

Today I walked down the lane to go to the grocery store near my house to buy a couple of things my mom wanted. I crossed one half of the road and waited near the divider to cross the other half. On the opposite side where the lamp post showed green signal was a bus halting right in the middle of the road. There was a hell a lot of commotion and chaos because this large vehicle occupied the entire road and the other vehicles had no space to move.

I crossed the road and went to the side where the bus was halted. I was very curious to know what exactly the problem was. So I peeped in and was shocked to see that the driver of the bus got down the bus to actually buy a watch in the near by shop and so he literally “parked” the vehicle right in the center of the road….. By the time the driver got in and started the bus, the lamp post showed red signal. I got so damn pissed with the entire scene. But it was so unfortunate that all of us out there stood as mute spectators taking no steps to pull out the driver and question him on his unruly act.

In such a state, who is to be blamed???? The senseless driver, or the traffic policeman who never seemed to be bothered about what was happening there. This is the sorry state of India. The innocent people were made to wait under the scotching heat while this unconcerned mindless creature happily buys himself a watch. God knows, how many of them were in any urgency or hurry to go elsewhere.

Has this been possible only in a country like India where we care not to abide by rules and mind least about others inconvenience. That man would have been put behind bars if it had been in any other country. I hope that day comes soon…..

No comments: